What are your COVID safety protocols for in-person author events?
As always, we continue to take the safety of our customers, authors and staff seriously. After careful consideration, we have implemented the following measures to promote the health and well-being of attendees and staff at in-person events at One More Page Books:
1) All attendees will be required to show proof of vaccination status to join us for in-person author events at One More Page Books. Registration is required via the website, including confirmation that you are vaccinated. We will be checking off registered attendees at the door. Please be prepared to show your vaccine card, photo thereof, or government-provided digital record.
2) Because our store is small, with no windows, masks will also still be required of all attendees. We leave it to the discretion of authors to keep or remove their masks while speaking to the crowd. Everyone will again be wearing masks during book signings.
3) We will also limit the number of attendees, again because of the size of our space. We will close registration once 25 people have signed up to attend. Once registered, if you decide you can no longer attend, please update your registration or let us know so we can update our numbers.
4) If authors are signing books as part of the event, we will manage the lines with a wristband system. Please follow the instructions given at the conclusion of the author talk. Masks are required throughout the event and signing.
5) We ask that you pre-order the book(s), if you know you are planning to purchase it. This will save time and any crowding at the register.
6) We will also continue to live stream events, as permitted by publishers, as often as we can to allow more people to participate.
7) Until they are able to be vaccinated, children under 12 will be permitted with masks, but they must be included in your online registration to help prevent overcrowding.
If you are experiencing any COVID symptoms or know of a recent exposure, we ask that you do not attend any in-person events.
As the situation evolves, so will our approach to keeping you safe. We thank you for your patience and flexibility.