Living the Word Catholic Women's Bible (Rsv2ce, Full Color, Single Column Hardcover Journal/Notetaking, Wide Margins) (Hardcover)
Do you long to connect with a variety of women just like you who live the Word of God in the world each day?
That connection is what makes the Living the Word Catholic Women's Bible different from other Bibles for women: it includes almost four-hundred pages of special features created for women by women--more than forty scholars, teachers, religious, authors, ministers, and speakers--such as Leah Darrow, Sarah Christmyer, Johnnette Benkovic Williams, and Sr. Maria Kim-Ng n B i, FSP--who come from a variety of backgrounds and reflect the diversity of the Catholic faith. You can walk through scripture in community with other women who seek to become closer to God by reading his Word and living it in their daily lives.
The stunning beauty of the Living the Word Catholic Women's Bible also makes it stand out among its peers. The extraordinary and elegant design enhances your reading experience by connecting various features throughout the text including fifty profiles of women in the Bible, ninety-seven Living in the Light of Faith essays, Take it to Heart questions for reflection and journaling, and quotations from saints and holy women. The tranquil colors and other design elements help you feel at home in the Bible.
Other features include:
- the trusted and easy-to-read Revised Standard Version, Second Catholic Edition translation
- exclusive comprehensive cross-references to the Catechism of the Catholic Church that help you to better understand how the Bible connects with what Catholics believe
- large, single-column text with plenty of room in the lightly lined, generous margins for journaling, drawing, and notetaking
- high-quality paper
- two ribbon markers
- an introduction to each book of the Bible that includes an overview, outline, historical context, and key themes
- inspiring and beautifully designed quotations from saints and other holy women, including Josephine Bakhita, Dorothy Day, Catherine of Siena, Hildegard of Bingen, Joan of Arc, Thea Bowman, and Th r se of Lisieux
- questions for reflection
- prompts to help expand your reading on a theme in scripture
- reading plans
- a feature index noting all the topical essays and introductions in the Bible, organized by category
- a Women of the Word index highlighting every woman mentioned in the bible, the Women of the Word profiles, and the quotes from saints and other holy women, and
- reading plans.
Christmyer, codeveloper of the Great Adventure Bible program, is the general editor of the Living the Word Catholic Women's Bible. Other contributors include Sr. Sara Butler, MSBT, Meg Hunter-Kilmer, Catherine Cavadini, Shannon Wimp Schmidt, Lisa Cotter, Sonja Corbitt, and Martha Fernandez Sardina.
The contributions received an imprimatur from Bishop Kevin C. Rhoades of the Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend and were reviewed by Catholic biblical scholars including Christmyer, Cavadini, Mary Healy, Pia de Solenni, and Jennifer Grillo.