CPT Coding Essentials for Anesthesiology and Pain Management 2022 (Spiral)
Optimized for medical necessity and reimbursement understanding, this all-in-one resource focuses on the most important CPT(R) and ICD-10-CM codes and their associated relative value units (RVUs) for anesthesiology and pain management, plus medicine and ancillary services codes chosen by experts who have taken into consideration utilization, denial risk and complexity. CPT(R) Coding Essentials optimizes both CPT(R) and ICD-10 code selection with helpful CPT(R)-to-ICD crosswalks and detailed explanations of anatomy, physiology, and documentation. Other than the AMA CPT(R) Professional Edition codebook, this is the only book in the market with verbatim CPT(R) Editorial Panel-approved guidelines and parenthetical information specific to anesthesiology and pain management. This is the ideal daily companion featuring useful, definitive specialty-specific coding information beyond what is normally provided in a procedural/services codebook. Anesthesiology and pain management coding and billing knowledge available in a single volume, conveniently superseding the need for multiple resources or years of experience. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- A subset of specialty-specific CPT(R) codes chosen by experts based on utilization, denial risk and complexity
- Official AMA coding guidelines pertinent to the specialty and not available in any other specialty codebooks in
- Official code-specific CPT(R) parenthetical instructions
- Plain English descriptors clarify the details of procedures and/or services represented by the CPT(R) code
- CPT(R) Assistant citations
- Procedural illustrations
- Crosswalks from CPT(R) to ICD-10-CM
- National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI) edits to identify bundled and separately billable codes
- CMS Pub 100 billing guidance citations
- Facility and non-facility RVUs including global surgery days, practice and malpractice expenses, as well as those modifiers that can affect payments for CPT codes
- Additional chapters on terminology and anatomy, HCPCS Level II codes, CPT(R) modifiers and ICD-10-CM coding and documentation practices
- Appendixes offering correct coding principles, NCCI Edits Table, clinical documentation checklists for common diagnoses/conditions using ICD-10-CM categories/codes and evaluation and management (E/M) documentation guidelines
- Call outs regarding additional information available in the CPT(R) QuickRef app (requires in-app purchases)Optimized for medical necessity and reimbursement understanding, this all-in-one resource focuses on the most important CPT(R) and ICD-10-CM codes and their associated relative value units (RVUs) for anesthesiology and pain management, plus medicine and ancillary services codes chosen by experts who have taken into consideration utilization, denial risk and complexity.
The American Medical Association (AMA) is the physicians' powerful ally in patient care. As the only medical association that convenes 190+ state and specialty medical societies and other critical stakeholders, the AMA represents physicians with a unified voice to all key players in health care. The AMA leverages its strength by removing the obstacles that interfere with patient care, leading the charge to prevent chronic disease and confront public health crises and driving the future of medicine to tackle the biggest challenges in health care. For more information, visit ama-assn.org. The AMA authors and publishes books, data file content, newsletters and online digital products that answer the needs of today's busy health care providers and their staff. The AMA product line includes titles on CPT(R), HCPCS and ICD-10 coding, as well as reimbursement, practice management, disability evaluation and impairment, and ethics. For more information on all AMA products, visit ama-assn.org/catalog.