CPT 2021 E/M Express Reference Tables Pocket Guide (Packet of 10) (Paperback)
CPT(R) E/M (Evaluation and Management) codes are changing significantly for office visits for the 2021 code set year. This quick reference guide provides a side-by-side comparison of evaluation and management (E/M) codes. Easy to use, each table summarizes the requirements for reporting E/M services and helps the user select and validate proper E/M coding. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have just issued the 2020 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule which includes a provision that will have a significant impact on coding. The purpose of the provision is to reduce the administrative burden on physicians--an outcome that the American Medical Association has worked with many leading healthcare organizations to achieve. It does this by changing a part of the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT(R)) code set known as the Evaluation and Management (E/M) Office Visit codes. The new codes go into effect on January 1, 2021. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- E/M 2021 code changes - new guidelines on the updated codes for office or other outpatient and prolonged services section incorporated
- 18 E/M tables summarizing the key components and contributory factors requirements for reporting E/M services saves time by giving an overall look at reporting requirements of frequently used codes.
- Required key components such as history, examination, and complexity of medical decision making to help the selection of level of E/M services.
- Contributory factors such as the severity of presenting problem, counseling, and coordination of care during patient encounter are listed to help proper reporting and coding of these services when provided.
- The final component of time, such as bedside/unit/floor time are included as well to help in proper code selection.