CPT Coding Essentials for Plastics and Dermatology 2020 (Spiral)
Optimized for medical necessity and reimbursement understanding, this all-in-one resource focuses on the most important CPT(R) and HCPCS codes for plastic surgery and dermatology, plus medicine and ancillary services codes chosen by experts who have taken into consideration utilization, denial risk and complexity.
CPT(R) Coding Essentials optimizes both CPT(R) and ICD-10 code selection with helpful CPT(R)-to-ICD-10-CM crosswalks and detailed explanations of anatomy, physiology and documentation. Other than the AMA CPT(R) Professional Edition codebook, this is the only book in the market with verbatim CPT(R)-panel-approved guidelines and parenthetical information specific to plastic surgery and dermatology.
This is the ideal daily companion featuring useful, definitive specialty-specific coding information beyond what is provided in a full procedural codebook.
Plastic surgery and dermatology coding and billing knowledge available in a single volume, conveniently superseding the need for multiple resources or years of experience.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- A subset of specialty-specific CPT(R) codes chosen by experts based on utilization, denial risk and complexity
- Official AMA coding guidelines pertinent to the specialty and not available in any other specialty codebooks in the market
- Official code-specific CPT(R) parenthetical instructions
- Plain English descriptors that clarify for the reader the details of the service represented by the CPT(R) code
- CPT(R) Assistant citations
- Procedural illustrations
- Crosswalks from CPT(R) to ICD-10-CM
- National Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) edits to identify bundled and separately billable codes
- CMS Pub 100 billing guidance citations
- Facility and non-facility relative value units (RVUs) including global surgery days, physician work and practice, malpractice and total expenses as well as those modifiers that can affect relative values
- Additional chapters on terminology and anatomy, HCPCS codes, CPT(R) modifiers and ICD-10-CM coding and documentation practices
- Appendixes offering clinical documentation checklists and evaluation and management (E/M) guidelines